yamaha dt50 2007 de retriction

This post is 4751 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well on a dt125 2007it restristed on the front pipe, need to buy a derestrited front pipe or cut your one open and reweld!! hope that helps

okay, is it like a washer sitting welded in the pipe?

because just ebfore the expansion chamber theres a join with 4 bolts and a spot weld, would i just need to break the spot weld and drill out the cone/washer?

will i need to re jet the carb?

thanks. .

okay, i got the exhaust off and drilled the cone out from 8mm to 20mm, its much better now, i jetted upto a 96 main jet, next steps. . im getting my ass kciked my these derbi sendas...i need mroe speed, is the exhaust the onnllyyy restriciton?

cause it only goes like 47mph now...oo, new sprockets 1 tooth bigger is on order...

My mates gilera smt, and derbi senda drd...just piss all over me! :(

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the same one (Yamaha DT 50 2007) and I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM you have. Modifying the exhaust is and changing the main jet to 90 95 or 100 is a good start but it is not enough...

The real problem of the new 2007 model is that it is restricted electronically on the CDI. The CDI refuses to go upper 8000 turns/minutes wich is totally stupid for a 2 stroke engine. The new model 2007 is now working like a cow...

At present I'm talking with my yamaha revendor who says he doesn't know yet what to do.

I also looked at the differences between the two models 2006 and 2007 and the CDI is a lot different (much more wires on the new 2007 model) so I don't know yet what to do... I think I'll study a way to change the CDI with a different one, I heared, but not sure, that the "TOP PERFORMANCE ducati CDI for minarelly am6" could work, but I'm not sure yet on how to mount this...

If anyone has THE SOLUTION or any DT50 2007 service manuel or electrical drawings, please let us know!!!

okay, i got the exhaust off and drilled the cone out from 8mm to 20mm, its much better now, i jetted upto a 96 main jet, next steps. . im getting my ass kciked my these derbi sendas...i need mroe speed, is the exhaust the onnllyyy restriciton?

cause it only goes like 47mph now...oo, new sprockets 1 tooth bigger is on order...

My mates gilera smt, and derbi senda drd...just piss all over me! :(

I bought the same one (Yamaha DT 50 2007) and I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM you have. Modifying the exhaust is and changing the main jet to 90 95 or 100 is a good start but it is not enough...

The real problem of the new 2007 model is that it is restricted electronically on the CDI. The CDI refuses to go upper 8000 turns/minutes wich is totally stupid for a 2 stroke engine. The new model 2007 is now working like a cow...

At present I'm talking with my yamaha revendor who says he doesn't know yet what to do.

I also looked at the differences between the two models 2006 and 2007 and the CDI is a lot different (much more wires on the new 2007 model) so I don't know yet what to do... I think I'll study a way to change the CDI with a different one, I heared, but not sure, that the "TOP PERFORMANCE ducati CDI for minarelly am6" could work, but I'm not sure yet on how to mount this...

If anyone has THE SOLUTION or any DT50 2007 service manuel or electrical drawings, please let us know!!!

did you drill the cone out? or fully remove it?

cause its annoying now, and you shouldnt need too rev over 8000rpm?

8000rpm is very high. . i never go over 6000rpm cause it just doesnt feel right?

i think i might get a new gianelli full system exhaust?

and drill the aribox, then re jet the carb again. cause its amazingly slow atm!

any one?

and this duacati cdi?

how much is it?

did you drill the cone out? or fully remove it?

cause its annoying now, and you shouldnt need too rev over 8000rpm?

8000rpm is very high. . i never go over 6000rpm cause it just doesnt feel right?

i think i might get a new gianelli full system exhaust?

and drill the aribox, then re jet the carb again. cause its amazingly slow atm!

any one?

and this duacati cdi?

how much is it?

http://www.scootparts.nl/cgi-bin/cat.cgi?C...220&TAAL=UK

http://beedspeed.com/cdi-dr-9909230-variab...abbeab1cda68d82

that should do the cdi?

done, still with stock cdi, i can hit 55mph on the flat :D:D

soo, the cdi restrictor is not a restrictor in speed, its too avoid engine damage. . you needs to totally remove the blockage just before the expansion chamber and then cut out a biggg hole in the arbox top . . then, you need to jet up too a 105-110 main jet, and...youve got a flyer =D

• 3 years later...

I've got a dt50r from 2010, and it's shit, 56-60 km/h top speed, and I cant find the restrictions, I think they should be where the exhaust turns, and also cdi restrictions, is it possible to just remove the tube between the exhaust and the cdi, or will the bike ''cut'' then? (I dunno the correct term for ''cut'' but it is what happens when you put too little oil in it, in swedish it is called ''skära'' and that means cut)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online