Bad Clutch ?????????

radianman
This post is 6183 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

last summer I bought a Yamaha Radian, shortly after I bought it the clutch started to slip, I rode it all summer long and it kept getting worse, so this winter I bought new fiber clutch plates so I could replace the old plates thus a new clutch. well when I tore it apart the clutch plates looked just as good as the new ones. ok so heres my question, I know the guy before me used car engine oil instead of motorcycle oil when he changed oil, when I changed the oil I used motorcycle oil, would this be enough to ruin the good clutch in the bike after 1200 miles ( aprox ) of rideing?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...

It will slip more depending on the oil but i too have a radian and know other guys with them and radians are known for the clutch slipping anyway, guess thats what heppens when u have a bike made out of the parts bins at yamaha lol great bike tho chin_dragon

• 2 months later...

It will slip more depending on the oil but i too have a radian and know other guys with them and radians are known for the clutch slipping anyway, guess thats what heppens when u have a bike made out of the parts bins at yamaha lol great bike tho chin_dragon

My clutch was slipping also and my buddy was helping me with it and he adjusted the clutch cable and it doesnt slip anymore. there is alot of play in the handle just the opposite as I would think it to be

What kind of car oil? I heard that using pure synthetic oil is alright for a bike if it's like 10w40.

My bike has a lot of clutch slip but I'm sure it's from use. Which I have very little play in the clutch and it won't really engage until I let it all the way out nad then it still slips.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online