xj400z problem

cjh
This post is 6285 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello Im new to this sight but i was wondering if anyone can help me i have brought a yamaha xj400z import but the problem is when i turn the ignition on the neutrel light dose not come on although the bulb is ok the engine turnes over fine but i cant get a spark can anyone help thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Will the neutrel light wire is solid blue whitch run under the engine near the gear shifter.Check to make sure

its connected & run a test lite to test it. Now as for firing(Spark) Could be many reason why.

But, if the blue wire is disconnected its telling the ignition Unit that its not in neutral whitch is anouther

kill switch.that could be why your not getting spark.

I know Yamaha is the first that also, came out with the spill shut off switch witch is located under the Tank with a black and white two prong plug sounds like it has a ball in it if you shack it(if you wipe out it shuts down)

to test it just unplug it then see if you have spark.Note: if you unplg it .It will still start.Sometimes they go bad.

other than that could be your Timing.

I would start by Checking all Kill switches and kill wires kill wires are usally red & White ,Black & white,Solid Blue for Neutral blue kill switch your Neutral lite is not only just a Indcator its also, a kill too!

Later Dan

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online