Help I need an engine

thundercat2325
This post is 6358 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there all my name is amy. I was coming back from a wicked night at the Ace last weekend i blew my engine(bottom ends) (1998 R, YZF600 Thundercat), luckly i was on the hangerlane roundabout and it didn't happen on the motorway, but i'm still well upset as its the begging of FAB weather and me and my baby cant go out and enjoy it. I've looked everywere but cant seem to find a thundercat engine anywere and i was hoping you guys could help. My baby had done 26k miles and i'm looking for an engine of the same mileage or less, any doc's that prove mileage whould be fab, i'm looking to spend about 350-450 quid for engine.

Also if anyone knows of any manafacture defecks that could have cause the bottom to blow as she has been well loved and looked after and i'm shocked and baffeled that this has happened :huh: . I whould really appresheate any help or info on this, thanx for your time guys n gals ;) x x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Amy,

Sorry to hear about your mishap, not sure why your engine decided to spit the bottom end, could be down to a number of things like a worn shell / oil starvation e.t.c.

My best advice is to keep an eye on ebay, I blew the engine up on my R1, shifted the sleeve in the bore, on a trackday, managed to get a 3000 mile engine including head and gearbox off fleabay for £475, slapped it in, and still running strong with over 160rwhp.

Will an R6 or fzr engine fit?? Prob give you more to shop for....

Hope ya get it sorted soon, and get out before the crap weather arrives. lol.

Tont

Hey tont :) thanks for your your thoughts, i was thinking about an fzr lump, it can be done but apperantly the carbs are set up differantly and the monts are also slighty off so it would need some work and i could lose power, which isn't so good as i need more of that lol :lol: . I didnt even think about the R6 goodness knows why but i'll def look into that and let you know.

I have descovered a company called DPSRacing ltd who rebuild engines for about 300 quid based in derbyshire but i've not heard much about them so i'm gonna do some fishing around to find out what there like.

Thanx again dude ;) enjoy the weather hope you have some awsume rides x x :rolleyes:

Hey tont :) thanks for your your thoughts, i was thinking about an fzr lump, it can be done but apperantly the carbs are set up differantly and the monts are also slighty off so it would need some work and i could lose power, which isn't so good as i need more of that lol :lol: . I didnt even think about the R6 goodness knows why but i'll def look into that and let you know.

I have descovered a company called DPSRacing ltd who rebuild engines for about 300 quid based in derbyshire but i've not heard much about them so i'm gonna do some fishing around to find out what there like.

Thanx again dude ;) enjoy the weather hope you have some awsume rides x x :rolleyes:

A slightly different way to approach this is to take your £350 ish to a Yamaha dealer and put it down as a deposit on a brand new bike ;) With suny weather, reasonable discounts and 0% finance now's the time!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online