need picture of middle gear assembly

gunner77
This post is 6288 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I've been unable to locate a mechanics guide locally. (Springfield Missouri) or a picture from the Yamaha Motors site. I dont know how or why it happened but the threaded part of my middle gear shaft that comes from the crankcase and slides into the U-joint or yoke then has a big O-ring, thick washer type thing and then a nut on the end. the tip of the shaft broke off at the base of this nut. Here is my question....I replaced the middle gear shaft but there are three rings/sleeves that slide onto the fat part of the shaft that is inside the housing and I cant remember what order they went on in and to my untrained eye...I cant see any reason for a certain order or even what they are there for. one is about a quarter inch wide. one is about a quarter inch wide with a rounded outside surface....like a large mans wedding band. the third is like a sleeve about 2 inches long. can anyone help me. my email is [email protected]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online