How To Use Motorcycle Jack on V Star 1100 ?

platonicsolid
This post is 6191 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All - First Post Here.

I just picked up a nice aluminum Motorcycle Jack from Sears (Item #950191) unfortunately I don't see enough flat spots under the bike to jack it up on. Granted I haven't actaully tried it yet, but I'd like to know that it's actually possible before I dump the bike trying. Neither the owners manual nor the the Clymer book make any mention of motorcycle jacks. The pads on the jack are 12.5" long, but the V Star tubular frame measures 13" center left to center right. Am I missing something obvious? Did I buy the wrong thing? I suppose I could put the jack on an angle so the pads hit a left and right tube, but then I won't be able to secure the tie-down straps. Heck, all I'm trying to do is an oil change.

FYI: I had the dealer do the first oil change and install the Jardine filter relocation kit while they were at it.

Here's my bike: 2004 V Star 1100

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you ever figure out how to use the jack on your bike? I just purchased one for my 2003 V-Star and can't find a spot to use it either, thought I'd look at this "owners club" to find out some information and found your post. Please let me know. Thanks!

[

• 2 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online