Light bulbs

diychap
This post is 6379 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation/comments when it comes to getting those extra or ultra bright light bulbs?

I am looking at replacing the R1 bulbs with some Piaa bulbs, I know they are not cheap but if I get twice the dazzle it might make people see me :) , I have not seen any other bulbs that offer twice the light output for the same current.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation/comments when it comes to getting those extra or ultra bright light bulbs?

I am looking at replacing the R1 bulbs with some Piaa bulbs, I know they are not cheap but if I get twice the dazzle it might make people see me :) , I have not seen any other bulbs that offer twice the light output for the same current.

Thanks

Try "OSRAM" Silver star. they're supposed to give out 50% extra light, put them in my thundercat as the standard one is so bad.

Thanks for the advice.

I had some spare cash so I went for the Anti-Vibration Piaa Xtreme White Plus bulbs (actually all spare cash has to be spent on the bike :D ). Sweet, blue eyes for my blue R1, although not cheap @ £40/bulb. I'll let you know if they're worth the money!

Also, don't look at the bulb when on, it hurts your eyes :o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online