FZR 750 engine identification

daddyjaynal
This post is 5701 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, wondering if anyone knows or could point me in the right direction to trace the origin of an engine I have bought. It's an FZR750 engine bought to replace a restricted japanese import 1FM. The engine code for the new engine is 2TT and I'm having trouble trying to trace this type. Don't want to find out specific bike history or previous owners etc just the country of origin of the 2TT engine. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Jay

• 5 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 8 months later...

Hi. The 2TT is the code for a 1987 FZR750RT from Canada. I don't know if it matches other countries or not. I am the proud owner of one. Cheers.

Hi, 2TT is a full power 107 bhp engine. the 2TT is only for Canada and is the same as the 1987 FZR750RT 2NK USA model. And i am also a proud owner of one. There are two FZR750RT 2TT bikes in the Netherlands, imported from Canada.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

My FZR750 is a 2LM model, imported to UK from Japan in 1998. Engine no is 1FM. All the de restricting has been done(air intake. jetting and exhaust) but the CDI igniter box is the original, code 2LM, which is restricted. I need to change to type 2NK or 1FM. Does anyone have one, or is there a modification that can be made to the 2LM box?

Any help appreciated, I need 107, not 77!!

Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online