question about slipons for 02 1100 v-star

z28dulong
This post is 6336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just bought a 02 v-star 1100 for my second bike and want to put on a set of slip-ons. This is the first time changing exhaust on one of my bikes so I have a few questions. First any suggestions on a set of slip-ons? I am looking at the Roadhouse Brand Moto Classic Slip-on Muffler they are a 3.5" dia. slash cut. Second do you have to rejet with slip-ons? I have heard people say you do and don't. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just bought a 02 v-star 1100 for my second bike and want to put on a set of slip-ons. This is the first time changing exhaust on one of my bikes so I have a few questions. First any suggestions on a set of slip-ons? I am looking at the Roadhouse Brand Moto Classic Slip-on Muffler they are a 3.5" dia. slash cut. Second do you have to rejet with slip-ons? I have heard people say you do and don't. Thanks for the help.

hi z28dulong,

i`v just traded my 1999 xv 1100 for a roadliner after 4 years of fun n enjoyment.

my star was fitted with highway hawk slip-ons but also a hyper charger air filter and it was re-jetted for

breathing purposes but found that back pressure was a problem when riding against a very strong wind

not exactly your fix but food for thought befor buying sorry

roadliner rowly

ps keep your eye on the screws in your petrol cap

mine fell to pieces while riding and there are 27 bits

to remove from your tank ha what a job that was.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online