insurance repairs

dmj1971
This post is 6317 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I need help.

two weeks ago some old git reversed into my bike knocking it off its stand onto the right hand side, all the damaged caused was cosmetic thanks to some crash bungs!,

i contacted my insurance company who got the ball rolling and took the bike in to get repaired but later on i had the old gits nsurers on offering to do all the work. I decided too stick to my insurers and said no thanks, so my insurers checked the bike and said it was close to being cat 3 write off but would repairit because it was in exceptional condition. I thought this would be it sorted and back to me but today i received a letter from his insurers saying they were writing off the bike,sending a cheque for £1700 and i could keep the bike.

now, the bike would be classed as catergory 3 , what does that mean if i come to sell it, insure it or part ex it?

What is the best choice,getting it repaired and back to how it was or getting it written off?

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I need help.

two weeks ago some old git reversed into my bike knocking it off its stand onto the right hand side, all the damaged caused was cosmetic thanks to some crash bungs!,

i contacted my insurance company who got the ball rolling and took the bike in to get repaired but later on i had the old gits nsurers on offering to do all the work. I decided too stick to my insurers and said no thanks, so my insurers checked the bike and said it was close to being cat 3 write off but would repairit because it was in exceptional condition. I thought this would be it sorted and back to me but today i received a letter from his insurers saying they were writing off the bike,sending a cheque for £1700 and i could keep the bike.

now, the bike would be classed as catergory 3 , what does that mean if i come to sell it, insure it or part ex it?

What is the best choice,getting it repaired and back to how it was or getting it written off?

Thanks.

On this side of the pond if the insurers write it off as costing to much to repair, a salvage title would be issued on the bike, making it harder to insure and harder to sell to those not aquanited with the bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online