rzv500r

nigel
This post is 6316 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i am after some help on my rzv500r that i have not started for three years, i've put a new battery on the bike and cleaned all the carbureters out i have a spark on all four cylenders and fuel to all four carbs but it only runs on two cylenders, the frount two. but when i spray fuel in the inlet of the two carbs that it dosent run on it runs, please can some one help me. thanks nigel.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, i am after some help on my rzv500r that i have not started for three years, i've put a new battery on the bike and cleaned all the carbureters out i have a spark on all four cylenders and fuel to all four carbs but it only runs on two cylenders, the frount two. but when i spray fuel in the inlet of the two carbs that it dosent run on it runs, please can some one help me. thanks nigel.

Clean them again.

Petrol turns to a varnish when it dries up and is a right bugger to remove. Sounds like you've still got some in there clogging things up. Try pulling off the feed hoses just to make sure you have petrol flow. Don't assume just because you have petrol at one end of a pipe, you'll have any at the other...

Screwd.

Same thinking as screwdriver - you're not getting fuel to those cylinders. Start at the carbs - (take apart and clean if necessary - may be crud in the jets or the needles not being able to rise (slider gummed to the walls of the carb) or something like that.

P

thanks for the input, and yes you were right i striped the carbs again and give them a real good clean and it runs like a sewing machine now, thanks again nigel. going for mot next week and then its up for sale then so any intrest contact me on here.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online