dt125r or xt125r

Xions
This post is 6232 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You'll never hear me slag either one of those.....

But as timing would have it, these days I'd have to go with the XT as well ;)

Soz but a small bore two stroke will ALLWAYS outgun an equal capacity four stroke..........and I love four stroke enginges. Gotta be the dt ;) Passed my test on a KH125 ( if any one can remember them ) as all the fourstrokes were to damn slow.

Soz but a small bore two stroke will ALLWAYS outgun an equal capacity four stroke..........and I love four stroke enginges. Gotta be the dt ;) Passed my test on a KH125 ( if any one can remember them ) as all the fourstrokes were to damn slow.

Depends you got to think what you want here an what you will use the bike for. I purchased an XT125R as my first bike and loved it. Yes the power was never going to be that of the DT and the tuning potential more limited but it pulled well in traffic, I got 95Mpg from it and was an overall fun bike.

I cant comment however on the DT although you have more potential to gain extra horses from the 2 stroke.

So if you want cheap motoring go for the XT get the full licence and take it from there. If you intend of doing a lot of off road stuff want more power then the DT is the way. But then why spend money tuning a 125 2 stroke when you can put the money towards your full licence?

well i just got a brand new dt125re :)

Just had a look in the gallery and was disspointed to see there are no pics of it yet :angry:

Come on get some pics up. Show us the new toy :D

i passed my test on a DT125R,,and i remember it being a real fun bike that never let me down while i was running up to london and back with my saxophone bungied to the back,,,ice,,snow,,,it just plowed on,,,, i deristricted it which caused a huge flat spot at low revs,,,but when the power band kicked in it really flew for a nipper,,,,,used to get 78 mph out of it,,,,not bad eh ! great feedback from the nobbly tires too,,,it would always let me know when i was pushing to hard in the wet,,,,,better than the rather hurty,,,,GET OFF,,!!!! AAAAAGGH