Stratoliner S

davidceder
This post is 6329 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all;

I was dead set on a Vulcan 1600 Nomad until I stopped by a dealer today and looked at, touched and sat on a Stratoliner S. Did some research and so far the only things that popped up as possible negatives are:

1) Handle bars are too wide &

2) Might be difficult to cover the clutch & brake if hands are too small as levers are non adjustable.

I am of a normal (whatever that is) male size of 5'10" with a 30 inch inseam and I guess medium size hands.

I know we all love the bikes we ride but I would appreciate any input on these subjects or anything else I should be aware of.

By the way I think I am getting a great deal on a new 06 at $11.999.

Let the input begin :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello David

I have an 06 roadliner. I am 6' (not a lot taller than you). I have medium to slightly large hands. The width of the handlebars has never been an issue for me. I would think that is a subjective issue unless you have a problem with reach. The levers did seem like a bit of a stretch to me at first, but, I don't even notice it now. I can cover the front brake and throttle at the same time.

That does sound like a good price. I don't sell motorcycles. Buy what YOU want but, I predict if you ride a road/stratoliner you will buy one.

My brother has a Vulcan and they are great bikes too! Enjoy whatever you get and stay safe.

Fred

I have a 2006 Stratoliner S and I am 5'10" with a 30" inseam. The bar reach is not a problem for me and I also do not have a problem with the clutch or brake level as well. The Stratoliner will seem a reach at first, but after a few rides it will feel natural. In fact, once you get use to the Stratoliner bars other bikes bars will seem cramped.

The Strantoliner S is my first Yamaha and I can attest that the fit and finish on this bike is by far the best of any bike I have owned, and I have owned many, including Honda, BMW, HD to list a few. This price you are getting on your 2006 is a good price. I just purchased a pre-owner 2006 with 1,800 miles with an extended 4 year warranty and I paid $14,000.

You will not go wrong the the Stratoliner. It is a great bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online