Aftermarket kickstart?

Gel
This post is 6276 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've owned a 2004 TT600R for the last year. I use it for commuting approx. 20miles 3 or 4 times a week. It always sounds laboured when starting although once started it runs fine. I've just had a full service but this has done nothing to make it a more confident starter. It's worse in winter and if left for more than a week it's touch and go whether it'll start at all. It's only got 6k on the clock.

I'm aware that previous/original models were fitted with a kick start. Is anyone aware whether or not it's possible to fit an e start 2004 model with an aftermarket kickstart? I'm not too mechanically minded being limited basics servicing etc. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If there's a provision for a kickstarter on the right side engine case (usually blanked off).....

I think you can buy the whole assembly from Yamaha :unsure: .....which should only require the removal of oil & that right side case with minimal tools, to install......not too tough really. ;)

My brother's got a DR650 & looking to do this same mod.