Oil Change xt350 and should it have a battery??

tomy
This post is 6277 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all Ive just bought my thumper after changing from a sportsbike and I am loving it already, it needs some tlc so Ive ordered sprockets and chain and an oil filter etc , reading the haynes manual it says there is either a dipstick filler cap or a window , well I cant find either, but there is a one penny coin stuck low down on thew front of the engine is this where the window would have been ???also should it have a battery and will the regulator be fitted or was this an option ???How easy is it to fit a battery or doesnt it need it , I am planning to put indicators back on it as well .Cheers for any help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The oil level window is just below the kickstart and the dipstick is just above it on the top of the casing.

xto.jpg

Battery's on the other side of the bike behind the side panel....it doesn't have to have one, but it's better to have one fitted.

Cheers for that Ive found the window now , its a lot smaller than my last bike plus it was completly covered in muck so I couldnt even see through it , cheers for that , now ive just got to sort the rest out like maybe putting a battery on it , getting the horn working and possible some indicators and a few other bits and bobs . :lol:

Funnily enough I just changed my oil today. The old oil had been in there for 3 months and 600 miles.....but it had been standing most of the Winter in subzero conditions which I find tends to deteriorate the oil and make it watery. Well that's what I've noticed anyway.

Refilled with the Mobil 15w40 mineral car oil which I used last time....it seems to run well on it. Though the oil coming out was thinner and more watery than I expected....but that could be down to standing idle for 7 weeks.

Next time I'm going to try a 20w50 Diesel mineral oil for the Summer temperatures.....Mobil if I can get it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online