33 bhp staged test

kendo phil
This post is 6418 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OK whilst sitting in the bath last night with the rubber duck floating around my feet I was thinking about my winter bike, a little 250 that I just jump on and go with. I am not too fussed about the winter ice skating motorcycling as it does not have enough power to spin the back end away too quickly. Then it occured to me that it has about 30bhp and to get anywhere on it I have to ride it to the limits of the bike if I want to keep up with traffic outside of town driving (80 ish flat out, head down, arse up). It strikes me that its not really a good way to learn to ride a 'big' bike. This means that if you go down the 33bhp limit route for 2 years, you spend those 2 years flogging the poor bike to death to keep up to traffic, if you keep this up riding style when you get onto anything with real power you will end up in a hedge.

In conclusion, all learners should be given an R1 after passing their tests ;-)

Let petition Tony on that one.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Lol, that actually makes sense. I guess that is why with the future restricted test from 08 you will still have to take a big bike test. There will be no automatic entitlement.

I'm with you :P

I'm 18 and passed last april and i'm looking for na R6 :P

R1's are a little too fast for my liking haha.

run for prime minister please!!

i have arestricted lisence and my hornet does a great job, 80mph in first gear and plus 3 figures in top. im fine!!! however i would love an r1 and if i can help it thats next!! a nice 2003 model! :D

or a ducati 1098. :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online