Sticky gear paddle

nitin
This post is 6311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

when i change / kick down the gears, the paddle does not spring back up to kick down again. i have cleaned the linkages but the problem returs in a day or 2. took it to the dealer yesterday. they cleaned the linkage and said that this is the first time they had come across this problem and they will inform yamaha about the problem. has anyone had similar problem. the bike has only done 5000 miles

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had a similar problem on my 04 R6 - Basically it was getting gunked up and not returning. Cleaning it all down solved the problem (by the dealer).

thanks mate. that is exactly what my dealer did! did the problem ever come back?

• 4 weeks later...

Unbolt the lever from the actual hanger and ensure it's clear of crap and Ally corrosion (white powder). ensure it's greased up , but not too much to attract more crap, and refit it again.

Unbolt the lever from the actual hanger and ensure it's clear of crap and Ally corrosion (white powder). ensure it's greased up , but not too much to attract more crap, and refit it again.

thanks mate.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online