TRX farewell tour

Captain Starfire
This post is 6425 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I finally weakened and got my triple - a Trumpet Splint Arse in black. Sadly, the poor old Trixie has to go at the end of the month as I cann't justify two bikes (not even with one as a track day tool only). So I have been putting some serious farewell miles on it. I'll miss the booming roar of the big twin (but will have the nice snarl of a triple instead) and, despite having twenty five more horses to play with, the Trumpet actually seems slower.... a real old man's bike. But Ohhhh-ho-ho the heated grips! Now, where's my cloth cap and muffler - I'm off to sit in the snug bar boring eveyone stiff with the tales of the great days of long ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just to wrap up the story......

The old TRX took me 34,000 miles in 7 years at an average cost of 23.51 p per mile - that's everything, down to the grease and screen polish (stop those cries of "Anal Retentive!" at the back there). One new chain at 26,000, plenty of wear left on the current one. best fuel consumption 58-69 MPG (european gallons, slightly bigger than US ones) measured over three consecutive tankfulls. Highest speed seen on the clock just over 145 MPH - say, 135 ish for real (I never got used to the way the bellypan grounded out before the footpegs). Passed on with original shocks, discs, clutch cable and battery. One new clock bulb, one new set fork seals, one new set each head and rear wheel bearings, home made new (leather) cover for the bum stop. By Gor, the old piano builders screw 'em together well. Honda build quality? I've sh*t 'em.

Guess I'm now persona non grata on the Yamaha board - but I'll drop in from time to time to read the jokes if nowt else - this is the best club bulletin board I've ever seen - keep up the good work, folks. I have a feeling the Triumph owner's club will be a bunch of boring old farts by comparison. A bit like me really.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online