Dim indicators !! (can hardly see them flash)

sthomson
This post is 6274 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

hoping you can help me resolve a problem ! recently fitted some LED indicators to my 2003 R6 and all seemed fine! obviously they flashed like crazy as i hadnt changed the indicator relay but they did flash and they were mighty bright ! (as you would expect)

however, and this is where it gets strange! I fitted a new LED relay to slow down the flash rate and it worked !..........the flash rate has dropped down to legal levels but you can hardly see them flash ?? its just a dim glow (had to turn the garage lights off to see them)

Have i got a duff relay? or is it something else? I'm stumped! :unsure:

any help would be appreciated!

cheers all. :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

hoping you can help me resolve a problem ! recently fitted some LED indicators to my 2003 R6 and all seemed fine! obviously they flashed like crazy as i hadnt changed the indicator relay but they did flash and they were mighty bright ! (as you would expect)

however, and this is where it gets strange! I fitted a new LED relay to slow down the flash rate and it worked !..........the flash rate has dropped down to legal levels but you can hardly see them flash ?? its just a dim glow (had to turn the garage lights off to see them)

Have i got a duff relay? or is it something else? I'm stumped! :unsure:

any help would be appreciated!

cheers all. :rolleyes:

are there resistors on your LEDs? maybe the relay has them also so that the extra resistance will lower voltage enough to cause the symtoms you describe.

I am not an electronics expert so don't take my suggestion as gospel!!

drewpy

Echo of above - I believe that there needs to be a resistor somewhere in the circuit for LEDs, but you've probably got too much resistance now - I think some LED's have separate resistors, some have them built in....

Can probably get suitable resistors etc from Maplins?

Paul

DOH ! Im just stupid ! Thanks for the reply's people ! I should have had the bike running !!

I guess the current forced through the bike is greater than from the battery alone.....the LED's are bright and flash correctly when the bike is running !! :o

Cant beleive i didnt check that before!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks everyone

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DOH ! Im just stupid ! Thanks for the reply's people ! I should have had the bike running !!

I guess the current forced through the bike is greater than from the battery alone.....the LED's are bright and flash correctly when the bike is running !! :o

Cant beleive i didnt check that before!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks everyone

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:blink::D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online