Any FZR YZF 1000 750 motors for sale ?

adlpc
This post is 6313 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All,

I'm doing some experiments with FZR 1000 / YZF 750 motors. Trying different combinations of cams, gearing, etc. and need extra motors to play with. If anyone has a motor for sale, a YZF 750 or a FZR / YZF 1000, preferably in the Southern California region, please let me know.

Plan is to put the motor into a YZF750R since I find that to be one of the most comfortable bikes ever, and handles like a dream too!

I've also heard that an '03-'04 YZF-R1 motor fits that frame. Any thoughts?

There are a few articles about these types of conversions and I am familiar with them.

I'll be posting the results of my findings if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I am a very pleased owner of a YZF 750 R with the Cadbury paint job (Neil McKenzie British championship replica). I live in the UK so it is impractical to discuss selling etc. However, I do find the bike fast and a good handler. It is standard except for a race can, which allows it to pass its MOT. I would be interested in any tips on setting up the suspension and tweaks to make it a little bit faster.

Cheers

Hello All,

I'm doing some experiments with FZR 1000 / YZF 750 motors. Trying different combinations of cams, gearing, etc. and need extra motors to play with. If anyone has a motor for sale, a YZF 750 or a FZR / YZF 1000, preferably in the Southern California region, please let me know.

Plan is to put the motor into a YZF750R since I find that to be one of the most comfortable bikes ever, and handles like a dream too!

I've also heard that an '03-'04 YZF-R1 motor fits that frame. Any thoughts?

There are a few articles about these types of conversions and I am familiar with them.

I'll be posting the results of my findings if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I`m building a streetfighter from a fzr1000 1988 genesis frame and modified swinging arm if you have any idea if mounting points on thunderace engine is same as fzr1000 engine of 1988 please let me know because I`ve got the feeling its a later version of the same engine and if your sure the R1 enge has same mounting points even better but I doubt that one.

Hi,

I am a very pleased owner of a YZF 750 R with the Cadbury paint job (Neil McKenzie British championship replica). I live in the UK so it is impractical to discuss selling etc. However, I do find the bike fast and a good handler. It is standard except for a race can, which allows it to pass its MOT. I would be interested in any tips on setting up the suspension and tweaks to make it a little bit faster.

Cheers

Yes, you should be pleased! These are one of the most under rated bikes of all time. The YZF750R is one of the best handling bikes ever! and with one of the best sportbike ergonomics as well! I personally like the suspension to be taught, or stiff. Keep tweaking it until it is the tightest you feel comfortable on / with. It will handle and feel like you are on a luxury ride! A jet kit will bring the beast out of the 750 motor.

Enjoy!