jetting my yammy dt

dtx drewzy
This post is 6357 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey every1 im new 2 this site so firstly hello lol !

wondering if any 1 could help me im planing on putting a filter and dep pipe on me bike soon and need 2 find out what size the main jet is and what i should go up 2 ?

any help would be great cheers guys :D:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey every1 im new 2 this site so firstly hello lol !

wondering if any 1 could help me im planing on putting a filter and dep pipe on me bike soon and need 2 find out what size the main jet is and what i should go up 2 ?

any help would be great cheers guys :D:D

If memory serves, the main jet size is 125. Fit a full DEP system but I don't recommend fitting aftermarket air filters as you'll melt the piston. Instead, remove your seat and you'll find a rubber tube going into the top of the airbox. Pull that off and it'll allow a perfect amount of air flow and then you just need to rejet the carb and away you go.

If memory serves, the main jet size is 125. Fit a full DEP system but I don't recommend fitting aftermarket air filters as you'll melt the piston. Instead, remove your seat and you'll find a rubber tube going into the top of the airbox. Pull that off and it'll allow a perfect amount of air flow and then you just need to rejet the carb and away you go.

thanks alot if the standard jet for me 125 is a 125 jet then what would i up jet it 2 just 2 be sure ?????? thanks again

:D

I'm not 100% sure that it is a 125 main jet so you'll need to whip out the carb and confirm that. Going up 2-3 jet sizes should be sufficient (e.g 135 or 140). Just check with the shop what increments the jet sizes go up in and I'll be able to point you in the right direction. With my DTR they went up in tens so the next size up from my standard 240 would have been a 250. Sometimes they go up in fives so just check with them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online