FZR1000 Genesis Rearsets

kamikaze
This post is 6323 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone know if rearsets from a later machine - eg R1, fit or canbe made to fit easily?

I am hoping to fit some adjustable aftermarket rearsets to my bike, so I need to know what modern kit might be easlity adaptable as there is nothing specifically available for the Genesis anymore, so far as I know.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Theres someone usually selling non adjustable universal fitting Yoshimura Rear sets on ebay.co.uk fairly cheap, and you can buy or make or get made, some adjustable jack up plates. That would prob be the best bet imo.

Hope that helps

Steve

Hi,

Theres someone usually selling non adjustable universal fitting Yoshimura Rear sets on ebay.co.uk fairly cheap, and you can buy or make or get made, some adjustable jack up plates. That would prob be the best bet imo.

Hope that helps

Steve

Thanks for the tip.

I had already seen and considered them but I am concerned that it would be very difficult to make them fit.

I am still on the look out!

• 1 month later...

I`m with Steve on this one because to make R1 rear sets fit you probably require a plate made to adapt to keep things neat so you might aswell go for the aftermarket feature off ebay, ask around bike shops for the info then bid on ebay when you see what you need, something I`ve got to look into for my 88 FZR 1000 streetfighter.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online