dtr

Chris 07
This post is 6457 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum Chris

For starters.....you'll need to pull off the exhaust & remove what looks like a big flat washer that's placed just inside either the exhaust port or the leading end of the pipe.

Hope this helps ;)

hello

was looking intio buying a full power one for myself...... but they dont exist .....whilst speaking to the yamaha tachnician he told me the only restriction is in the exhaust.... but theres a catch ....... they have got wise to the easily removable tacked in restricors that sit just inside the downpipe and have put the restrictor around in the bend so to speak

the solution is either get proffesional help in cutting open the pipe locating the restrictor remove it and then weld up ... there is a problem with this though...... it looks obvious that the exhaust has been tampered with !

I think the best option is to buy an aftermarket front pipe ....thus preserving your original .... why is this good.......... well for two reasons.... first reason you can always put your bike back to standard before you seel it if needed preserving that ORIGINAL look

secondly an aftermarket pipe doesnt look tampered with '' i brought it like that officer'' you get the jist

This is important after liberating the potential from your machine you MUST jet up the carburettor to take into account it will be breathing more free.....failure to do this and your piston/top end will be goosed in minutes

hope this helps steve

hello

was looking intio buying a full power one for myself...... but they dont exist .....whilst speaking to the yamaha tachnician he told me the only restriction is in the exhaust.... but theres a catch ....... they have got wise to the easily removable tacked in restricors that sit just inside the downpipe and have put the restrictor around in the bend so to speak

the solution is either get proffesional help in cutting open the pipe locating the restrictor remove it and then weld up ... there is a problem with this though...... it looks obvious that the exhaust has been tampered with !

I think the best option is to buy an aftermarket front pipe ....thus preserving your original .... why is this good.......... well for two reasons.... first reason you can always put your bike back to standard before you seel it if needed preserving that ORIGINAL look

secondly an aftermarket pipe doesnt look tampered with '' i brought it like that officer'' you get the jist

This is important after liberating the potential from your machine you MUST jet up the carburettor to take into account it will be breathing more free.....failure to do this and your piston/top end will be goosed in minutes

hope this helps steve

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online