Gear change snag - FZ600

Yan
This post is 6385 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

2006 Fazer: ~1,700miles only.

When changing UP have always felt a minor mechanical notch-like resistance from new, particularly when short-shifting - much sweeter at higher revs. Recently noticed that this notch-like resistance has increased, 2nd->3rd and above. Even more recently gear lever feels springy on upchange (no notch-like resistance as such) and it is impossible to change up, continue in lower gear for a while and try again... Originally I had associated the problem with commute based (engine hardly stressed) short-shifting but coming off the motorway, i.e. running for long period at speed problem recurred. Problem originally not prevalant at higher revs but now is.

Worsening problem, maybe one in 3-4 gear changes and hence bike becoming annoying to ride.

Changing down NO problems.

Have checked both clutch cable and drivechain are adjusted properly. Also tweaked position of gear lever in case not optimal to ankle.

Dealer had quick run out and could not confirm 100% that there was a problem except that the clutch might be sticking : taking bike back shortly for further diagnosis...

I wondered if anyone out there has had experience/ideas of such a snag?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online