So how was your weekend?

XTreme
This post is 6319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

With temperatures around 15c and not a cloud in the sky....I decided to go and explore the Sierra De Castril natural park in the province of Granada, Spain!

It starts about 30 miles from where I live, and once you get into the natural park itself, it's all dirt tracks and gravel around the network of lakes. I would estimate you could go for about 40 miles into it....and not see a soul.

The views in the mountains are amazing!

xts102.jpg

Then as I got further into the park I could see the lakes...

sic1.jpg

sic3.jpg

Nice backdrop for the XT....

xts100.jpg

sic6.jpg

These seem to go for miles, breaking off into small rivers and streams...

sic4.jpg

After about 15 miles of this I had no idea where I was. Then I came across a sign....it said "You are here". Unfortunately it didn't say where "here" actually was....but at least I could see that the only way out was the way I came in!

xts99.jpg

So it was turn round and head back.....but as usual, I got caught up in a load of farm animals!

xts101.jpg

Eventually I got back on the main road....if you can call it that. Spotted a load of old caves in the mountainside too!

xts104.jpg

And then into Castril itself....which is mainly cobblestone streets. Desperately needed a coffee by this time!

xts103.jpg

And then back home! And to give you an idea of the volume of traffic here....I was out for 3 hours, did about 80 miles, and I only had to overtake one car!

It's great....where I live, whether it's road or trail....you have complete freedom! B)

So....how are things in Britain these days? :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You a one lucky git to be in a place so nice.

Here in Burgundy the weather wasn't that good so I decided to strip my bike down in preperation for a complete engine rebuild and a new paint job.

Unfortunately I don't have a garage so i had to get it into my cellar.

The worse thing was that this afternoon the sun came out and all I could hear was the beautiful sound of bikes.

I watched the weekend going by through a drizzle of wind and rain, I went to the garage and looked at my bikes (Im sure they were turning blue with the cold).

I even got as far as putting my boots and trousers on, but then it started to lash dwon with the kind of downpour that usually only thousands of dollars of holywood special effects can create.

I went down to the bike shop to find it full of accountants and lawyers all drapped over the latest Ducati - this made me more depressed (and a little bit ashamed to be a biker when I saw the fashion twats that are now buying bikes).

I am off to buy some waterproof boots, s0 - how much does a ferry ticket to the continent cost these days?

my weekend was spent revising for my exams looking out the window a it pissed it down. rub it in why don't ya!!!

however im still riding my hornet day in day out in all kinds of weather so i think im doing pretty wel. my tyres aren't but hey who gives a sh!t.

did i happen to mention you barstad pete :D !!!!! god the look fenomenal views.