Future FZR project

xjwoods
This post is 6446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I need to know what the differences are between the 92 and 94 FZR600R. I am looking at two different bikes that can be combined to make one awesome bike and have a few parts lying around. The big piece is if a tranny from a 92 will work on a 94. If there are any little details like the wiring harnesses are different, that will be very helpful to know.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I need to know what the differences are between the 92 and 94 FZR600R. I am looking at two different bikes that can be combined to make one awesome bike and have a few parts lying around. The big piece is if a tranny from a 92 will work on a 94. If there are any little details like the wiring harnesses are different, that will be very helpful to know.

Thanks

Hi xjwoods,

The only difference I know of is that the '92 has a different top fairing and a single light where the '94 has the same top fairing and the dual headlights that the original FZR600 had. Only '91 and '92 had the single headlight. Everything else I think should be the same, unless I'm mistaken. I believe they are mechanincally identical.

Had a '93, Great bikes!, weak suspension. Progressive fork springs, a Dynojet kit and a Supertrapp slip on made a huge difference. Rear shock was barely good enough.

Good luck with the project!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online