RD 125 lc mk1, suspension

marc_125
This post is 6407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have unbolted the top mounting but the with the bottom mounting i have removed the split pin and tryed taping out the pin to remove the suspension but it will not move even when i have used wd40 on it can anyone give my any advice please

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have unbolted the top mounting but the with the bottom mounting i have removed the split pin and tryed taping out the pin to remove the suspension but it will not move even when i have used wd40 on it can anyone give my any advice please

has the pin got a hex head. could try turning it to loosen up a bit. the only way i've been able to remove stubborn things like that are heat (watch for rubber melting) using a blow torch/small butane torch/heat gun/steaming hot water!! the idea is the metal expands around the pin making it easier to remove.

hope that helps

has the pin got a hex head. could try turning it to loosen up a bit. the only way i've been able to remove stubborn things like that are heat (watch for rubber melting) using a blow torch/small butane torch/heat gun/steaming hot water!! the idea is the metal expands around the pin making it easier to remove.

hope that helps

thanx for the advise, i'll give it a good try. thanx again

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online