Fazer 600 top yoke

daytonaace
This post is 6412 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I want to repaint my Fazer 600 2003 top yoke as the ignition key has marked the satin black finish. I have removed it from the forks with no problem.

Can anyone tell me how to separate the top yoke from the ignition switch assembly? There appears to be two bolts which screw in from underneath, which have some sort of tamper proof cap inserted fitted. There are also two small plastic caps near the top. Removing these reveals inacessible nuts.

Thanks,

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I want to repaint my Fazer 600 2003 top yoke as the ignition key has marked the satin black finish. I have removed it from the forks with no problem.

Can anyone tell me how to separate the top yoke from the ignition switch assembly? There appears to be two bolts which screw in from underneath, which have some sort of tamper proof cap inserted fitted. There are also two small plastic caps near the top. Removing these reveals inacessible nuts.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi and :welcome: , i got mine off by using a grinder on each side of the dome to make it possible to a flat ended spanner on . Supose you could try knockin a small socket over and see if it grips enough to losen it . Hope it helps you mate ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online