bloody morons

kendo phil
This post is 6487 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Why? Why me?

I am trying to sell a bike at the moment, not the best time of year to sell a bike, but its a winter bike - originally bought for the wife. Now we are with sprog its surplus to requirements.

So why do I only get calls from fuggin' idiots?

I had a couple turn up last weekend, I rolled it out of the garage and they both had a look of mild disgust on their faces, I knew it wasnt going to go well. I suppose its partly my fault, the advert says W reg bike (old W reg) £300. But this pair thought £300 got them a new W reg bike, after some kicking of tires and poking and asking some fairly insulting questions, they told me they had just been to a bike shop and their bikes are all so shiny and new. I suggested respectfully that they should go and spend 4 grand on a nice shiny bike and leave me alone.

They then told me they were very interested and would be in contact shortly. Not a word since.

Then there is the bloke who keeps phoning and leaving me messages to ring him back on a number that does not accept incoming calls.

A £300 bike should not cause this much hassle!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i no exactly what you mean kendo. there all a total wind up. unfortunately this year has been the worst in bike sales for the last 20 years according to a buddy in a bike shop. which i find suprising with the sales of the gsx-r 750 and the 06 fireblade. and of course the new r6.

so kendo everytime is a bad time to sell a bike, but at least you know when someone finally does buy it you know its going to a good home :)

The big problem is that its holding up my bike production line!

Now that I have the responsability of fatherhood I decided that I should get the pile of bikes in the garage finished and sold on. However my spare funds are spent on nappies and rattles at the moment. So I need to flog the bike to afford the tyres for the next bike and so on and so on.

<_<

well does this sound familiar........i just sold my old machine to the bloke in the shop ware i purchased my R6 from the minute i get the money in my pocket the pissin phone starts ringing from potential customers inquiring about the old bike from various ad sites ware i was advertising it ..........i know i know i hear wot you are saying SODS LAW!!!! .....lmao :P

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I think I should have and idiot filter fitted to my phone, the following is a call my wife took;

'Ullo, still got the bike?'

'Yes, you need to speak to my husband, hes not here'

'Is it in good nick?'

'Yes'

'Does it have a fairing'

'No'

'What type of fairing does it have'

'I dont think it has one'

'Is the fairing rusty?'

'Sorry? - I think you need to speak to my husband'

'Never mind, do you still have the mini for sale?'

My wife hangs up at this point, and its worth bearing in mind that I have never owned a mini much less have one for sale! I blame care in the community - allowing lunatics to make annoying phone calls.

It could be the bike, maybe its also a magnet for pratts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online