Newbie here!

Matt Hillyard
This post is 6508 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Just thought i would introduce myself. Im Matt and im 22 from Ipswich in England. Since ive been 17 ive had a full bike license but never put it to good use apart from a Cagiva Planet 125 which i had to sell to get my car. Now i have been through uni and got myself a job i felt it was about time i got back on bikes and as ive always loved R6's i though i would get myself one!!

So now i have 2 toys a car and a bike! I shall post a pic of both soon.

I pick it up wednesday. I think its a 2004/5 model registered in 05. Its got less than 1,800 miles on it and i can see its going to be smiles for miles and miles!!!

Is there anything that i should look out for on this bike or anything that is a recommended buy for the R6??

Cheers,

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i was thinking about mushroom thingys as they seem a wise way to save plastics bills! Anyone got a double bubble on one??

Are they any good??

Cheers guys,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

i was thinking about mushroom thingys as they seem a wise way to save plastics bills! Anyone got a double bubble on one??

Are they any good??

Cheers guys,

Matt

Hi Matt,

and welcome to the site, im new myself.

Crash Bungs are definately a good idea, and can save a lot of money if the unfortunate does happen.

As to the Double bubble screen, its personal preference i think, i put one on my R1, helped when riding fast, you could just tuck in, but took it off after a day, as it really spoilt the look of the bike.

First thing put a nice exhaust on if you havent got one already.!!!!!! :rolleyes:

And good choice in bike as well m8.

Steve

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online