XT225 Dual Sport (California model)

Guest Randolph
This post is 6440 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest Randolph

I just purchased a brand new 2006 XT225VC Dual Sport (California Model) from my local Yamaha dealer here in SW Missouri. They bought a bunch of both models at auction and are blowing them out cheap.

I bought the California version because it was priced $300 less than the Standard 48 State model.

I can see differences between the two bike... primarily with emissions plumbing, charcoal canister, etc.

Does anyone know if there are differences with the California model that would impede its power, torque, or fuel economy? I can't see where the emisions plumbing would have any negative affects, other than adding a few pounds of weight.

I will be using this bike for my girlfriend to learn to ride in Missouri, so there is no reason for me to comply with California emisions, if there are things I can do to enhance its performance. If disconnecting the emisions plumbing provides no appreciable gains, I will leave the bike as it is. Otherwise, I can pull any or all of the hoses and plug the holes. Any thoughts regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Are there any other differences that might be internal and not obvious to the casual observer?

I just want to get the most potential out of the little bike. If the California plumbing has any negative affects, I would like to know what others have done to minimize the problems. Thanks a bunch....

Randy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online