TZR 125 powervalve opening help :)

danidge
This post is 6438 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right i want to open the powervalve on my bike but as i dont really know alot about bikes i was wondering if anyone had any tzr experiance. Could anyone post pictures so i have a visual aid? btw is a G reg so its quite old, 1989 i think.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hiya i dont have any pics to help you but it is straight forward

there is a cover on the left side of the engine when you remove it it should have a bolt in it and a locating peg to hold the valve in a set position take out the locator and turn the valve to its open position the best way to be sure it is open remove the exaust and you will see it open so not to foul the piston turn the engine over slowly (by hand) when you have it set in the position you want tighten the bolt to hold it in the position you have set it at this will give the bike full power but there is a drawback it takes away midrage power the best way to over come this is to buy the powervalve servo kit they can be found on ebay but cos they are rare you may find them exspensive but the results are blistering tuned in the right manner you could get speeds around 115mph if i can help you in any other way send me a msg hope this help you and good luck

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online