why wont yamaha give world wide warrenties?

jamster65
This post is 6546 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my xv1700 is an import 6mnths old but i have found out today not supported by yamaha uk warrenty

to me if its a yamaha it should be covered for the two yrs any where in the world !

tried to contact them about this any one got a phone number or contact in the uk i can ask why this is happening ??

if i buy a yamaha bike when abroad and bring it homes its not covered ? and would it be the same if i bought a bike here and went to live any where else ???

seems very small minded and weird to me !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It is annoying but I would imagine that the reason is because they are built to different specifications for different parts of the globe. So if it's not been designed for the country your using it in if something goes wrong why should they cover it by a warranty. But then the fact is that 95% of the bike will mechanically the same anyway so why should it matter.