Yamaha V75 wiring problem

Meatballs

Hi, please can a fellow owner either explain where the different battery wires go or better still, share a photo. I’ve just noticed there’s no rectifier on the bike so I’ll need to order one. At the moment I know the - goes to earth but I’m not sure where the + goes. The bike has two red and one white wire with bullet connections. 
thanks in advance 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there Meatballs,

You could do with a circuit diagram, normally there's one in the small handbook that comes with the bike when new. If you haven't got one they are on ebay

Check out Yamaha V50 V75(E) Y70 V75A V90 V75 Deluxe Review Tecnical Workshop Manual Moto on eBay! others may be available.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305623479133?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CsDtD4DpSo2&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=kQkCPASITQi&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

and then there's the good ol Haynes manual, there's always a circuit diagram in those. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/375504326373?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CMx8Q1-ZTZm&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=kQkCPASITQi&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

and finally,

There is also a dedicated facebook group, which might be able to help you too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/308851953995379/media

Posted (edited)

Hi, many thanks. I do have a Haynes manual but I don’t understand the wiring diagram. I’m not sure what red wire connects to the + on the battery. 

Edited by Meatballs
I want to add more information

I see, if you have two red wires, generally the thicker one will be to the battery as it carries more current.  Does that help? (unless of course they are both the same thickness.)

can you take a photo and post it here?

Both wires are the same size. The rectifier is missing, I’m having a job finding one, I think one of the red wires goes to it. I’m not sure how to upload a photo from my library. Do you think any 6v rectifier would do the job? Thanks 

This might be some use... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185869019073

Unfortunatley I can’t teach you how to read  a circuit diagram in a forum, its far easier to teach this from a video or in person.  Equally unfortunatley you can’t just guess where wires go either, it may well be a rectifier wire, but you need to identify the location of the rectifier first and look for the same wire there, presumably disconnected! To be 100 per cent sure you need some form of meter /Ohm meter to confirm the wire is indeed the same wire at both ends.  Regretfully waiting for a V75 owner to chip in with a bit of advice is in my opinion will be a long wait, the forum is relatively quiet these days with few members posting let alone replying, there’s a few regulars like Snakebite and Drewpy and myself but If there were any V75 owners they haven’t replied to any of your previous posts either!!

I think your best bet is going to be asking over on the facebook site , at least you’re going to be conversing with someone who actually has one! They should be able to help.

Obviously  we don’t want to see you go, but if you can let us know how you got on it would be of some help to others with a similar problem.