Yamaha V75

Meatballs

Me again! As I was tinkering earlier, the battery fell out and the cables got disconnected. The + is easy but what colour does the - connect to? There’s a white or a red. Also, I reconnected what I thought was the low oil warning light block, this is located near the oil tank. Once started, the horn stayed on. Slowly getting fed up! Thanks in advance 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Generally Yamaha 70's bikes used Black as the negative. So if your battery fell out and the cables disconnected then the red connects to the wiring loom and the black connects to a tag on the frame. So look for a bolt head or screw within the distance of the battey (lead length). The wire probably broke off at the tab so there won't be the tell tale signs of where it came from other than the eyelet tab. What I'm saying is the black wire from the battery doesn't connect back into the loom.

Hope that helps to guide you.

Meatballs, in future could you add a little extra to your titles, it helps other people  in the future who are searching for problems related to the V75.  ie. Yamaha V75 wiring problem or something similar.

If you have a lots of titles called Yamaha V75, Personally, I wouldn't bother reading them all If I was using the search function.!

9 hours ago, NE0 said:

Generally Yamaha 70's bikes used Black as the negative. So if your battery fell out and the cables disconnected then the red connects to the wiring loom and the black connects to a tag on the frame. So look for a bolt head or screw within the distance of the battey (lead length). The wire probably broke off at the tab so there won't be the tell tale signs of where it came from other than the eyelet tab. What I'm saying is the black wire from the battery doesn't connect back into the loom.

Hope that helps to guide you.

Meatballs, in future could you add a little extra to your titles, it helps other people  in the future who are searching for problems related to the V75.  ie. Yamaha V75 wiring problem or something similar.

If you have a lots of titles called Yamaha V75, Personally, I wouldn't bother reading them all If I was using the search function.!

Hi and thanks for replying, the negative wire from battery has a male bullet connector on the end. There is a white wire coming from the loom with a female connector. Point taken regarding posting. Thanks