Yb100 Gears

skaheadpunk
This post is 6459 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is going to sound stupid but....

I've had a YB for a while now, and considering it's a 91, it needed a lot of work. I got it running, and sorted the major problems, and set to work on the little things. It's been inside for a few weeks now while I fiddled with the electrics (and she doesn't like the cold). I can't seem to get it into neutral, at all. I can go all the way up, all the way down, forwards, backwards and sideways, gentley, softly, while whispering sweet nothings to it and it seems to have vanished.

Oh dear.

Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:rolleyes: Ummm sounds like you got winter greece in its gear box, just playin some.

First thing that comes to mind is the clutch adjustment but Iam not familiar with the YB100, I believe it is all the same with clutch and not one of those autos that don't have a clutch but rather a break and then shift on the fly. Maybe the clutch pads are ready to leave the nest to make room for the next ones?

I have an older Yamaha Warrior 350 electric start and she don't like to go into neutral much eather, I can pass up neutral going up and down as well with out a problem witch is a problem for when I want to be in neutral :D , I know I need to change the oil in her, it has been about 5 years since I have had her, (unsed I got it) I believe I changed it when I first got it but lets just say CRS can be some of that, I usaly clean every thing up when I first get things and then it's like an science experiment to see how long they will go with out , such as oil changes but then again I am not running the Baja races eather, I greece it up about every 6 months or so but I only put about 5-10 hours on it a year.

Come to think of it, I know I did change the oil because when I got it, the neutral was on vaction just the same as now, maybe a little worse back then,,,maybe the gears got jamed in when a new ridder got on it or some dare devil stunts chrunching the gears to get it to go mach 10 in under 2 seconds could have munched them as well.

Realy the only thing you can do is check the proper adjustment of the clutch and change the oil in the trany if seperate from the motor and or the motor oil then,,,,after that it's a crack open the cold case show, DO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COMPLETE GASKET SET F I R S T started a motor once and after a few months went back to put her togeather and in that short time span the gaskets were discontinued and it took over 5 years to find another set, serious, no BS. It was as if some one took a large shopping cart in to every bike shop and wearhouse on the same day and said we want every gasket kit for that motor Tony is working on and then they were gone. Get the gasket kit FIRST and get the complete kit, sure you will have a few extra gaskets here and there due to diffrent motors with the same basic kit so they sell a kit that fits a few in one package but it is worth it, the extras hang up in the shop or garage for decore :offtopic: sorry about that He HE

Hope I was of some help, Tony