Thunderace Flex Brake Hoses

RedBullAce

Hi all, 

I have a 96/7 Thunderace.  I was doing some tidying up and bought some braided venhill hoses for the brakes.  I've got 3 hoses, 1 for the back and 2 for the front but there was no labelling, I've not taken the front off yet but I'm looking at the back and don't know which hose to use.  The three new ones are different lengths.

I test fitted the shortest and with the bike up on the paddock stand the swing arm is naturally lower so the pipe would be tighter than usual but I'm concerned that it may be a bit too tight.  Can anyone let me know the lengths of each pipe please? 

Looking from the rear of the bike the rear brake is on the right, would this be shortest, longest or middle in length compared to the front left  and front right (I'm assuming the front left would be the longest but please correct me if I'm worng.

Thanks very much, I hope someone is able to help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hiya redBull, Have you tried contacting the person who supplied the Venhill hoses and simply ask which one goes where please as they are unlabelled. 🤔

It depends on which set you got...

If you got the '2 line race set', the rear line should be the short one.
If you got the 'up & over' set, the rear line should be the middle one.

So, which set did you get? :D

• Like 1

Hi Snakebite68, 

I was mistaken, it was Wezmoto I bought them, the invoice states:

"Yamaha YZF1000 R Thunderace (1996-2001) OEM Standard Layout - Full Kit"

Would the rear be the short one in this case?

Ok, so, their website gives no clues at all...

The word 'standard layout' would be leading me to think you have a hop-over kit...

Motorcycle_brake_line_setups.pdf (shopify.com)

Like on that link.
Which would mean the short one is for the hop-over.

You're going to have to bite the bullet and phone them up and ask I think.

But, to be honest, if you DO have the hop-over version, you've got the wrong one, you really need the '2 line race front' version to get the most out of those impressive blue spot callipers!

I contacted them last night via their 'contact us' page, they replied this morning....

hi there ,Yamaha YZF1000 R Thunderace (1996-2001) OEM Standard Layout - Full Kit,  Of the three hoses, all different lengths supplied, which one goes to the rear? many thanks.

the reply from Wez...The shortest one is the rear.

There you go.

• Like 1

Thanks Neo, 

Given what Snakebite said about the 2 line race front setup I may well buy a different kit for the front, I find the shortest a little too short and don't want to stretch it.  Thanks very much for your help.