XJ900F exhaust replacement 2024

Jpirie

Hi everyone,

My last replacement exhaust for the XJ was a Marving 4 into two which fitted well and looked nice as well as running well.  However the chrome fell off one of the silencers pretty quickly and no help was forthcoming from Marving when asked whether they thought this was acceptable (it was not)

I'm now trying to sort the exhaust out again and options are extremely limited.  

There is one other post on these forums regarding the XJ900F exhaust where this was said:

I used Pipewerx, good quality and fair prices, not the very best out there but I like the look of the titanium..! give this a try. http://www.pipewerx.com/

I bought these http://www.pipewerx.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/200x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/o/col-ti-round_479.jpg for about £450ish, FJR ones are over a grand..!

The picture no longer exists but I went to the Pipewerx site and can still find those silencers:  
https://www.pipewerx.co.uk/webshop/yamaha/fjr-1300-2001-2012/yamaha-fjr1300-2001-2012-pair-of-pipe-werx-plain-titanium-round-gp3-race-exhausts/  

at least I think those are the ones referred to?

I already have stainless downpipes and have a source to make me a collector box from the old one as a pattern however I have no way of confirming whether these silencers would fit or if there are any others that people know would work on the XJ900F 1990 model?

So, can I ask, within the yamaha forum, does anyone know? :)

Thanks in advance.

James

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm sure someone will know something eventually...
In the meantime, I've deleted the partial duplicate post. :)

Hahahah, yes, you have no idea how much I wanted to be able to remove that but...sadly, I failed.
Is there a way we can delete our own posts?
I hope you are right about the exhaust question.  Getting pretty bleak out there for old XJ's  I have resorted to getting the collector replicated in stainless but it certainly is not cheap!  Also, it's a marving after market one so lacks the old rubber bush mounting.  You have no idea how much vibration is taken out by that little modification!

Here's hoping that someone will help.  I might just purchase an old FJR 1300 silencer from a scrap yard just to see if it might fit.
Trying times.

I will try and improve my posting in future :)

J

Trouble is James, so few members these days seem to post, a few years ago the site was quite busy with lots of regulars but they seem to have moved on. Hopefully somebody with an answer might come along but it could take a while / weeks +.

In the meantime, as you say no harm in trying another silencer, but you might have to do a bit of fettling to get it to fit and be gas tight.

Good luck keep us posted.