1969 Trailmaster Troubleshooting

POS Lover

Hey everyone, I purchased a 1969 Trailmaster the other day and when I picked it up it ran great but after taking it home on the back of my truck and starting it in my driveway, it idled far higher than it did previously. I'm new to bikes of any kind, especially carbureted 2 strokes and was looking for some help troubleshooting the issue. A friend and I started it up a couple times messing with the idle screw and decided it might be best to let it sit and adjust to the altitude change (from 4295 ft to 7000ft above sea level) because he said the same thing happened to a pit bike he purchased, and letting it sit for a day made all the difference. I tried starting it up today and it wouldn't turn on. It has fuel in the tank, fuel runs through the lines just fine, but it just won't fire. I tore down the carb to make sure nothing broke internally during the drive, and everything is still intact. I cleaned it up a bit and made sure nothing was clogged anywhere and put it back together and back onto the bike. I tried starting it up after that, and it still wasn't running. I double checked that I had spark, and I checked that fuel was still in the tank and running through the lines but had no luck getting it running. Does anyone have any advice about things I should try or check?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.