DT175MX Fork Damper ring suppliers

Can anyone point me in the right direction for 2A6-23157-00-00 . RING, PISTON FRTFRK, 2 plastic rings used by the DT175 and DT125 78 onwards, all the suppliers i have looked at are saying parts now unavailable

or thinking someone may have had these made 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Dave, welcome in.

Yeah this is the trouble with running a 46 year old machine! and the availability of parts! I know I've got a 78 DTMX myself. Not aware of anyone remanufacturing them, but occasionally they will come up as New Old stock as people clear their shelves of old stock if they haven't cleared them already. You don't say where you are and this is a worldwide forum; the site owner lives in Australia and I'm posting from the UK.

Certain parts are becoming rarer and are commonly called hens teeth, and these are a good example of them !

Having said that, I've found a pair in Australia for you. https://www.remarcables.com.au/Motorcycle-Parts/Ring-Plastic-Steering.aspx

These are only small parts so won't be difficult to post out of Oz, I've bought things on ebay and had them shipped over, its no big deal.

Worth contacting them if you want new ones.

9 hours ahead in Victoria, Oz. its 02.30 there at 17.30 UK time.  No email unfortunately, so looks like you're going to be making a call at 1 or 2 am!😀

Let us know how you get on.  Good luck 🤞

Posted (edited)

Ah ok ive just had this in a reply from their Oz website  "We DO NOT SEND send overseas anymore. See Trading terms" so searching again

CMSNL unfortunately not avalible 

Edited by Dave RZV

Don't you know anyone in Oz? who could buy it and send it over for you.? 

Or anyone planning on going over for a holiday?

Well thats good news, hope it works out for you.

As a bit of fun, we have a ranking system within the forum from awarding thanks  and likes etc. the more  you get it moves you up through the tables. Popular posts can get gold, silver and bronze medals. Its just for fun and not to be taken seriously but it adds to your profile.

On posts you'll notice a grey heart on the bottom right, and clicking on it will show a variety of icons. Anyone can click on them and you can click on as many as you like. I've given you a few likes and thanks and now your name will appear on the Leaderboard ranking for the week.  You could end up with a gold medal!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NE0 said:

As a bit of fun, we have a ranking system within the forum from awarding thanks  and likes etc. the more  you get it moves you up through the tables. Popular posts can get gold, silver and bronze medals. Its just for fun and not to be taken seriously but it adds to your profile.

On posts you'll notice a grey heart on the bottom right, and clicking on it will show a variety of icons. Anyone can click on them and you can click on as many as you like. I've given you a few likes and thanks and now your name will appear on the Leaderboard ranking for the week.  You could end up with a gold medal!!

There should be a thumbs up one...

Exactly!