so i got my first bike

gotchopsticks
This post is 6548 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a few days ago i purchased my first bike. now i am the proud owner of a 2003 R6. when i bought it, it had 4670 miles on it, and now i have already put over 200 more miles on it. i havent been able to put it down, its just soo much fun to ride, and suprisingly easy. does anyone kno of a good place to look when i need some technical advise?? i would hate to pay for the dealer to diagnose every problem that arises with time. thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well now that i am kinda used to driving it, i noticed a clicking noise that sounds like vlave chatter on the honda motors i used to biuld. it is louder at 3-5k then above 6k. the guy said it had its first service, so is this normal?? or do i need to get it checked out?? i havent driven it hard, i dont think i've even gotten it past 12k, lol. but any thought will be appreciated.

If the noise is what I think your saying then this noise is usual, comes from the top right hand side of the engine. My 04 R6 has done it since new and even race prep mechanincs have told me they all do it.

If the noise is what I think your saying then this noise is usual, comes from the top right hand side of the engine. My 04 R6 has done it since new and even race prep mechanincs have told me they all do it.

yes, that is exactly what i am talking about. i didnt notice it at first, probably because i was soo excited to ride and i wasnt used to the loud wind. but i have been listening to it alot lately, and it didnt seem to be getting any louder. a few people i have talked to at the shop said it was normal and they took it for a ride and didnt notice anything wrong.

that makes me feel a little better...now i wont baby it soo much :D

Man i would love an R6 or an R1. there just so nice i guess an R1 is what im wokring towards lol i have a while to go considering i can only ride my lil 50 scooter at the moment :P

congrats gotchopsticks on the new purchase and wot a most excellent choice you have made hehe i just passed my test yesterday and spent 200 miles on my 2002 R6 today :lol: im in now and i just want to go out on her again fkin amazing machine ohh ive run out of fags need to get my gear on :lol: catch ya later lol

The noise i think actually comes from the chain that drives the waterpump or is it the oil pump - well a pump which doen't have a tensioner on it so after a while a little bit of play comes in. The sounfsd goes on my bike when ever it is serviced fully.

Regards

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online