XVS 125 Chain Tightening?

chrisdragstar
This post is 6340 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I recently bought a 125cc Drag Star that I've been wanting to get for ages now. I wasn't supplied with a manual with the bike when I bought it and now I realise the chain is really needing tightened as the previous owner had just fitted it (with sprocket) when I bought it.

Can anyone give me tips on this? I know how to do it with the nuts that need tightened but do is this ok to do with the bike on it's sidestand? Also it's a little hard to see the exact markings where you'd normally check on each side to make sure it's lined up fine. Is it fine to check the wheel is straight by making sure the length from the tightening nuts to the end of the bolt thread is the same on each side?

Thanks for any help people :D

• 8 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its fine to tighten the wheel whilst its on the sidestand and as for measuring the thread to see if your wheel is in line theoretically this should work but im not sure. you couls always make some new markings on the swing arm yourself, thats what i would do if i had the same problem.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online