yamaha fazer fz6

fazer xbx
This post is 6607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i am new to the owners club having prevoiusly owned a kwak. is there anyone out there that could give me some advice.

i have bought a 05 fazer fz6 and would like to do a service on it. the bike has done 3500miles and other than oiled the chain i have done nothing else. i have an engineering background but on cars. could any member advice me on what i should be servicing or checking at this stage in the bikes life. i have contacted the local bike shop who i bought the bike from and they want £182 so i'm sure for what i need to do i could save a few squid by doing it my self. :help:<_<

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It should all be in the handbook....but I don't think there's much to do at that mileage except oil and filter change. The rest are just checks and things like chain/cable adjustment.

It would be worth investing in a Haynes manual too.

It should all be in the handbook....but I don't think there's much to do at that mileage except oil and filter change. The rest are just checks and things like chain/cable adjustment.

It would be worth investing in a Haynes manual too.

cheers for that i'm looking for an haynes but even the shop i bought the bike off haven't got it so i may go down the cd rom path once again many thanks

cheers for that i'm looking for an haynes but even the shop i bought the bike off haven't got it so i may go down the cd rom path once again many thanks

Halfords is usually the best place....and the cheapest.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online