oil filters

joel/bellvue
This post is 6589 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey, This newbie just bought an '82 750 seca and am changing the oil and filter on it. Does the filter drop into the bottom of the housing with the flat rubber washer fashing front? (the old filter had front stamped on it, the new doesn't) This puts the spring on the motor side of the filter. Any help would be appreciated, I was too busy with twisting the hot filter housing in between the even hotter muffler pipes. Also, where is the middle gear drain plug, under the muffler skid plate? Thanks Joel

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the MadHouse Joel

Sounds like your assumption of the correct way to install that filter.........is Correct from what I recall (Previously owned 4 different Seca's ;) )

Not quite sure what you mean by "Middle gear drain plug" though :unsure:

If your Seca has stock exhaust pipes....that main drain plug is kind of a Bitch to get to, but it can be done.

It's located on the front of the sump on the bottom of the motor.

Hope this Helps ;)

I looked on line and found an exploded view of the filter. The spring drops into the housing first than a bushing then the filter is tight to the block.

the exhaust is stock, I think the middle gear may be under the piece that combines two pipes into one, the "skid plate" I was referring to. The main oil plug is right under the filter housing. Is this the one you are talking about?

The main oil plug is right under the filter housing. Is this the one you are talking about?

That'd be the one! ;)

Used to have a Kerker 4into1 pipe on my old Seca 550.....which was nice, come oil change time.....

the way the pipe was designed.....you could drain the motor without spilling a drop anywhere else. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online