yzf750 engine out

stitch

hey everyone,

have got 2 of the carb clips facing in totally the wrong direction and cann't even see the screw heads let alone access them to take them off. i'm dropping the engine out for other things so my question is can i drop the engine out with the carbs in place.

cheers

mark.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

With absolutely no previous experience, but from looking at my Ace, I'd say yes. But it's gonna be tight.

hiya,

yes, the inlet manifold clamps, 2 of the allen head screws that hold them are facing towards the frame, impossible to see let alone get to

13 hours ago, stitch said:

hiya,

yes, the inlet manifold clamps, 2 of the allen head screws that hold them are facing towards the frame, impossible to see let alone get to

can you undo them at the engine side rather than carb side? I've modded/shortened allen keys just to do that.
For my TDM i have to use a universal joint on a 1/4" drive socket adapter with extensions, absolute pain to do as i have to feel around and hope i have latched onto the screw

no can not get to them from either side of the carbs. the outer 2 carbs (cylinder 1 and 4) the screws are facing towards the frame, can not get my fingers to them let alone an allen key.