Yamaha XJ6N 2010 vs 2013 model front side covers

Arnas

Hello everyone.

I'm writing here, as I could not find the information anywhere, so I hope that here I will get my answer. I have a Yamaha XJ6N 2010 year model, and I damaged my front side fender (first picture, position 1). Since I will change the cover, I wanted to change it with a different color. I wanted it to be matte black, but none of the variants for 2009-2012 have a matte variant, only glossy (I don't want to buy Chinese variants from Ebay/AliExpress). I have noticed that there is a variant for 2013-2016 model to be matte black, but the shape and screw count is different (second picture, position 1). From looking into photos, it looks like the holes could be the same, but I am not sure. So did anybody try to swap the covers like this and know if it could be done? I know that I would also need to buy parts in position 5, but that would not be the problem if the holes would match.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Thank you in advance 😊

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.