Thunderace fork springs

jcr
This post is 464 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

has anyone replaced theirs? mine have reached their service limit so looking for some new springs. 

looking at YSS offering their spring is 15mm shorter than my stock spring, 82mm compared to 97mm. 

and my year model(1996) is 10mm longer than the rest of the Aces which are 87mm.

its all a bit confusing. 

will YSS be a straight swap even though they are shorter and do i follow the instructions for the 97 year onwards models  regarding oil quantities etc? 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

96s have longer fork springs than other years? I wasn't aware that there were ANY differences between the years, the Ace was a parts bin bike... How strange...

But wait, 97mm? That's less than 10cm! Have you messed up mm with cm there? :D
Or did you mean 282mm, 297mm & 287mm?

I've just had a rummage on Fowlers, as far as I can see, they've all got the same spring (same part number (4SV-23141-00))...

I found this: Yamaha City - YAMAHA SPRING, FRONT FORK (4SV-23141-00)

HOLY CRAP!
You won't believe what I've just found!!!

Yamaha genuine new yzf100r thunderace 1997 right fork assy pn 4sv-23103-00 | eBay

Yamaha genuine new yzf100r thunderace 1997 left fork assy pn 4sv-23102-00 | eBay

If I had the cash, I'd snap them up, they're at about half the list price on Fowlers (not that Fowlers can get them!!!)!

sorry i meant 297mm and yes according to my Haynes manual the 97 year onwards Ace has 287mm length and use 30cc more oil.

ive had my springs out last year when changing the oil and measured them, one was at the service limit of 294mm the other a couple of mm longer so i know the sizing is correct. 

im doubtful about buying YSS springs when they are 15mm shorter. couldnt find any specs for Hagon springs so have contacted the company.

the new forks you posted would be nice but way beyond my budget! 

How strange, all years have the same part number...

Yeah, I've never seen brand new forks before! SO wish I had a spare grand! lol