DVLA

Rustymel
This post is 518 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I've purchased two damaged bikes off Ebay and have built a bike from their parts, apart from buying a replacement frame from Germany that came complete with the necessary papers.

I have checked on the Government website and both the bikes show up with the registration details. What are the procedures for registering the new build which included one of the original engines?  I am really against having to have the Dreaded "Q" plate.

Can anyone help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, you like making it difficult for yourself...

Since you used a 3rd frame, the other two don't really exist anymore (since the BIKE is the frame).
I suspect you'll either have to sell the two frames, or, scrap them (don't forget you have to have all THREE Sorned if they're not currently on the road).

After that, you probably just need to register the 3rd frame with the correct engine number.

To do this, phone the DVLA up, general number, they'll put you onto the right department or form...