Sports/Touring or Sports tyres

case
This post is 6604 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello i'm new hear any fairly new to biking. Its come time to replace the tyres on my thundercat and i was wondering should i go for a sports/touring tyre or a straight sports tyres. I do a fair few miles as i use my bike to commute too and as i've only been riding for a year i know i'm not exactly going to be pushing the limits of my tyres but would someone with more experience be able to reassure me that sports/touring tyres will have more than enough grip, or should i go for an outright sports tyre?

Many thanks

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Case and welcome to the Forum. On my Cat I used to put Bridgestone BT010 (Sports) on the front and a BT020 (Sport/Touring) on the rear, handling felt good (enough to get my knee down without worry), I rode is quite hard and would get 6000 miles before needing to change tyres, but always replaced as pairs not the 2 rear to 1 front that some people do. They were good as Summer and Winter tyres (as much as you can expect in Winter).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online