Chinese Parts...

This post is 722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What do you guys think about Chinese Parts in general?

I'm looking at some silicone hoses:

Silicone Radiator Hose Kit For 1993-98 Yamaha YZF750R 96-02 YZF1000R Thunderace | eBay
I found a site that makes them in England, but they don't do them for the Thunderace (although they do do them for the Thundercat!!!).

Do these look ok?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Buyer beware, you can find bargains but remember one important thing.

Japanese culture drives them to take somebody else's product and make it better and more efficient so being less costly.

The chinese culture takes the same product and will make it as cheaply as possible. Material and labour wise.

I would think your safe with hoses but technical parts like the ever present 20quid dt175 carb i would not use as ballast.

So you reckon those hoses look ok?

I say go for it.

But if they turn out to be shit make sure you tell us so we don't fall for it too 😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, finnerz89 said:

I say go for it.

But if they turn out to be shit make sure you tell us so we don't fall for it too 😂😂

I couldn't find a 'middle finger' emoji, so...:wank4az:

• Haha 3

I'm with Finnerz on this, it's not a critical part and if it lasts a couple of years then go for it, worst that can happen is you have to walk home!   🖕

Ok, maybe next month I'll fork over some cash.
Hopefully it's not just a scam and they just take my money! lol